Chimichurri Topped Crostini
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- Bread of choice (recommend pre-sliced Cuban toast, French or Italian baguette or Ciabatta)
- Tomatoes (preferably plum tomatoes, but any will do)
- Cream cheese
- Mesa Fresca Chimichurri
- Pre-heat the oven to 275ºF
- As the oven warms up, slice the tomatoes length wise and lay them on a baking sheet, make sure they are not overlapping.
- Drizzle the tomato slices with Mesa Fresca Chimichurri
- Now that the oven is hot, put the tomatoes in the oven to slow roast for one hour or until they start to soften and wrinkle a bit. (Length of time may vary based on tomato variety.)
- Optional: as the tomatoes are nearly ready you can toast your bread if you prefer it a bit crunchy.
- Top the bread slices with cream cheese, then place the chimichurri slow roasted tomatoes on top, you can drizzle on more Mesa Fresca if you’d like!