Choripan (Italian Sausage & French Baguette)
The Argentine Kitchen Delights in Simple Fresh Flavors
Life is about the simple pleasures; the Argentine kitchen is grounded in this philosophy using simple fresh ingredients that create complex flavors.
Chori: short for Chorizo, the Spanish word for sausage
Pan: Spanish for bread
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Italian Sausage
- French Baguette
- Mesa Fresca Chimichurri
- Fire up the grill – using a low-to-medium flame
- Cook Italian Sausage over low-slow heat, approximately 7 minutes on each side
- Slice French baguette slightly longer than the Italian Sausage, cut an opening along the center (think opening of a hot dog bun)
- Toast the French baguette on the grill if desired , (but we highly recommend it, adds a nice crunch) If you toast it allow for some light grill marks
- Take the bread and Italian sausage off the grill, place the Italian Sausage “Chorizo” in the French baguette and drizzle as much Mesa Fresca Chimichurri as you’d like!
Fresh summer salad or fries.
Share your Mesa Fresca Chimichurri grilling favorites with us on IG, tag @mesafresca and #chimichurri